Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: Flame


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. It spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

For this Wednesday, I've chosen the long-awaited conclusion to a beloved trilogy, Sky Chasers. The release date has been pushed back so many times, I almost stopped believing it would ever come out, but here it finally is. And it has a cover. And that cover is stunning! 


Title: Flame
Series: Sky Chasers, #3
Release: January 14th 2014
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Hardcover, 320 pages

In the thrilling conclusion to the Sky Chasers series Waverly, Kieran, and Seth struggle to survive on-board the New Horizon—and take down their enemies before it's too late.
Waverly and the other members of the Empyrean have scattered, and their home ship has been destroyed. Their mission to rescue their parents didn't go as planned, and now they're at an even greater disadvantage: trapped with their enemies on the New Horizon, trying to find a way to survive. Kieran has been pulled under Anne Mather’s wing, but is she really trying to make peace, or just using Kieran to build her own power? Meanwhile, Waverly is taken in by a mysterious old man who wants to help her bring Anne Mather down—but the more Waverly cooperates with him, the more dangerous her position is, and the more at odds with Kieran she becomes.
Seth's situation is even worse. After setting out from the Empyrean on his own, with only a vague strategy to guide him, he is a fugitive aboard the New Horizon. He's doing what he can to challenge the power of Anne Mather, but he's badly hurt, and getting sicker.
Will Seth ever see Waverly again? Will his health hold out long enough to help her topple their enemies? And will Waverly find a way to unite with her friends before they all fall? Nothing is sure and every moment is a risk in this explosive finale of the Sky Chasers series.

Are you as excited about this as I am? What has your heart beating faster? Leave me a link and I'll be right there.


28 comments:

  1. This is such an exciting series! I can't wait to see where it leads next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woha this is for me the prettiest cover in this series. I have heard of it but haven't started it yet. I hope you'll get it soon Maja :)
    Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read Glow yet, but I'm planning to because I recently saw Gravity and now I'm totally in a mood for SPACE. I have some review books to get through, but SOON I will join you in your excitement for this! (I hope...!) Wonderful pick, Maja!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read these books yet, Maja. I think I own both. Gawd. It seems like I've been saying that a lot these days: I haven't read that one yet. Sigh.

    Great pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh nice! I don't think I know this series! Lovin the cover though!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have not read this series, but seeing how slammed I am... I don't see it happening any time soon :(

    My WOW

    btw, I'd love to hear your thoughts on Indelible :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read this series yet, but I might give it a try since you seem to like it, Maja.
    I'll probably wait for this one to come out and then read the whole series.
    I hope you'll like it when you get your hands on a copy, Maja! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm looking forward to this one too, I liked Glow (and Spark) a lot. Glad to see this is coming out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't heard much about this series, so I'll go read your review of Glow now :) I hope you get this one soon. Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All of these great series you have read that I am missing out on! I love that cover though, so much to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pick. This sounds like an interesting series. Thanks for sharing :)

    new follower

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/10/waiting-on-wednesday-70-vitro-mad.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad this one is coming out soon as I was planning to read the other books. Now I won't have to wait long for the series to be finished and can enjoy them all in one go. I do think this has the best cover out of the series. It's definitely go the mystery vibe to it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a really gorgeous cover Maja, I love all the colors! And I feel your pain on the release date getting pushed back, that's happening to me right now with Karen Marie Monings Burned. I nearly died when it went from April to July. It was supposed to be January originally and I'm starting to fear Ryodan will never be mine ;-) I hope this one is everything you want it to be my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like this cover! But I've not read the series :) Great pick and thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't read this series, but that's great there is finally a release date! I hate waiting for the next book in a series. haha Great cover.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't read Glow yet, but the series sound great, especially for a fan like me who enjoys Science Fiction /Dystopia novels. Enjoy your long awaited story! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Darn! You make me want that first book even more. You evil blogger you... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooh, cool cover! I like the pinwheel thingy. Aaand now I need to read the first two.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I remember struggling with the first book, but I am still looking forward to seeing what you think of this! Perhaps I'll give the series another try if I know it ends well. Also, I don't think I've seen this cover before, but I really like it! Thanks for sharing, Maja. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh yes, I'm very anxious to see how things turn out for them! I may have to do a skim through of the last book though cause I have forgot a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is yet another series I haven't yet gotten around to but I remember seeing how much you loved them. Hope you're able to get your hands on this soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your enthusiasm!! I like the use of shades and shadows on the book cover - thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awesome pick! I didn't know this book finally got a cover and a release date! I really loved the first two books! I'm definitely looking forward to Flame!

    My WoW

    -Brittani
    Hope, Faith & Books

    ReplyDelete
  24. It's amazing how the cover fit the story so much, but it's sad that this isn't my genre. It's really interesting!
    SIGNED Copies Giveaway || Crash Into You Review
    Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  25. new series to me, but my does that sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ooh this is the first time I've seen this cover! It's absolutely gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing and putting this on my radar, I too thought this series had just fallen by the wayside, glad to hear it's finally getting its ending. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I also love this series but forgot we were waiting for another book! Thanks for the reminder!
    Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting. If you're a fellow blogger, I'll visit and return the favor as soon as possible. If your're using Google+ to comment, please make sure that your blog link is clearly visible on your profile.

Unfortunately, this is now an award and tag free blog, but I do thank you for your consideration.