Saturday, August 23, 2014

Nocturnal Quotes: The Oversight Edition




Hello, lovelies!

It's time for our second ever Nocturnal Quote, courtesy of Le Non Design. For this week, I've chosen a quote from a historical urban fantasy novel I loved, The Oversight by Charlie Fletcher. I reviewed The Oversight just yesterday - if you missed it, you can find my review HERE.


Here's the quote I picked out, courtesy of Le Non Design:



And here are a few words about the book itself:


Title: The Oversight
Series: Oversight Trilogy, #1
Published: May 6th 2014
Publisher: Orbit
Lenght: 448 pages

Only five still guard the border between the worlds. And when they fall, so do we all... The Oversight is a gothic fantasy that will appeal to fans of Neil Gaiman, Philip Pullman and Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell
"The end always comes faster than you think."
Once there were hundreds of members of the Oversight, the brave souls who guard the borders between the mundane and the magic. Now there are only five. And their numbers are dwindling further still.
When a vagabond brings a screaming girl to the Oversight's London headquarters, she might answer their hopes for a new recruit, or she could be the instrument of their downfall.
In his first novel for adults, Charlie Fletcher (The Stoneheart Trilogy) spins a tale of witch-hunters, supra-naturalists, mirror-walkers and magicians. Meet the Oversight, and remember: when they fall, so do we all.


While I'm here, thank you for being awesome and stopping by while I was on vacation. We had the best time, and I enjoyed spending a week with my extended family. It is, however, very good to be back, too.
Love,



5 comments:

  1. Not only the quote is quite intriguing (and one very good piece of general advice) but I love the graphics! Both the quote graphic and the banner!

    YAY for enjoying a well deserved vacation, welcome back Maja!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quote is great and the graphuc is gorgeous, I love the design.Also, the quote is quite an advice :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous graphic! I am glad you had a great time with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see you back, Maja. I love the quote and the mist surrounding it. I feel like it fits the book very much, which I definitely want to get my hands on.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting. If you're a fellow blogger, I'll visit and return the favor as soon as possible. If your're using Google+ to comment, please make sure that your blog link is clearly visible on your profile.

Unfortunately, this is now an award and tag free blog, but I do thank you for your consideration.