Saturday, August 30, 2014

Nocturnal Quotes: Maplecroft





Hi everyone!

It's time for yet another Nocturnal Quote! This week, a quote from Cherie Priest's new Lovecraftian horror struck me as particularly powerful so I decided to share it with you with a little help from the lovely lady behind Le Non Design.

So without further ado...



And here's a little something about the book:

Maplecroft (The Borden Dispatches #1)Author: Cherie Priest
Series: Borden Dispatches, #1
Released: September 2nd 2014
Publisher: Roc Trade
Length: 448 pages
Buy: Amazon

Lizzie Borden took an axe and gave her mother forty whacks; and when she saw what she had done, she gave her father forty-one....
The people of Fall River, Massachusetts, fear me. Perhaps rightfully so. I remain a suspect in the brutal deaths of my father and his second wife despite the verdict of innocence at my trial. With our inheritance, my sister, Emma, and I have taken up residence in Maplecroft, a mansion near the sea and far from gossip and scrutiny.

But it is not far enough from the affliction that possessed my parents. Their characters, their very souls, were consumed from within by something that left malevolent entities in their place. It originates from the ocean’s depths, plaguing the populace with tides of nightmares and madness.
This evil cannot hide from me. No matter what guise it assumes, I will be waiting for it. With an axe.

Thank you for stopping by. Until next time!


5 comments:

  1. I'm so very intrigued about this book! And that quote is fantastic "we cook ourselves in our fear" Wow that's just a powerful quote!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh that is such an interesting quote! Thanks for sharing, Maja <33

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book looks good. I love the sound of the blurb and the cover :D We cook ourselves in our fear.. what an interesting quote.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That quote is great, it interested me in the book. I love horror and this seems like a perfectly haunting and creepy story. The graphic is also amazing, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The entire combination-with the media and all, makes it seem so atmospheric. I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting. If you're a fellow blogger, I'll visit and return the favor as soon as possible. If your're using Google+ to comment, please make sure that your blog link is clearly visible on your profile.

Unfortunately, this is now an award and tag free blog, but I do thank you for your consideration.