Wednesday, December 11, 2013

WoW: Half-Off Ragnarok



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. It spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


Fir this week, I've chosen the third installment in an urban fantasy series by Seanan McGuire.

Title: Half-Off Ragnarok
Author: Seanan McGuire
Series: InCryptid, #3
Release: March 4th 2014
Publisher: DAW
Format: MM Paperback, 368 pgs
Pre-order: The Book Depository

When Alex Price agreed to go to Ohio to oversee a basilisk breeding program and assist in the recovery of his psychic cousin, he didn't expect people to start dropping dead. But bodies are cropping up at the zoo where he works, and his girlfriend—Shelby Tanner, an Australian zoologist with a fondness for big cats—is starting to get suspicious.
Worse yet, the bodies have all been turned partially to stone...

The third book in the InCryptid series takes us to a new location and a new member of the family, as Alex tries to balance life, work, and the strong desire not to become a piece of garden statuary. Old friends and new are on the scene, and danger lurks around every corner.
Of course, so do the talking mice.

After two very entiretaining books with Verity Price as the protagonist, it will be nice to join her older brother, archaeologist Alex, on his journey. We've never actually seen Alex, but Verity mentioned him often and I got the impression that he is even more adventurous than she is, which is saying something.
Oh, and the talking mice are always so fun!

My new WoW banner was created by the brilliant mind behind Le Non Design. Don't you just love my meerkats?! Please visit their website and take a look around. I am so in love with everything this lady does!

What are you excited about? Leave me a link and I'll drop by.

22 comments:

  1. Oh I do love the new WoW banner! I haven't read any of her books yet, but I know you highly recommend her so I have some on my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you enjoy this series, Maja! I tried the Toby Daye series and wasn't a fan, but I'm hoping this one works out better for me. Also: LOVE the new banner!(:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never heard of this series. *Runs to check out the first book on GR*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always find interesting series that I need to start on your blog :) This one sounds pretty interesting!

    Janina
    My WW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one is new for me. Thank you for sharing, Maja.
    Glass @ Way Too Hot Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love your WoW new banner with the meerkats!

    And this series sounds very interesting and talking mice, sounds potentially hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute meerkats! They always look like they're waiting for something exciting to happen so they totally work as a spirit animal for this meme!

    Plus, awesome choice. I love Seanan McGuire's writing and this title, for some reason, cracks me up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! I love your WoW banner!!

    Fun pick this week Maja! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm also loving your WOW banner! So hilarious and good :) Anyhow I haven't heard of this one and it sounds really interesting. I hope you'll get to read it soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do very much love those meerkats Maja. I feel like that's probably what I look like when I walk into a bookstore. I just sort of freeze in place and my eyes get really big:) Also, yay for a mention of Ohio in the synopsis of this one! Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love you new WoW banner!! This book is on my list too!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have yet to read the sequel never mind the 3rd book. I am still a little iffy about it though. I HATE it when POVs change in a series and the main character isn't the main character any more. I am really weird that way. I get to attached to a certain set of characters that it becomes really hard for me to open myself up to a new bunch. :P

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm sooooooooo impatient for this one, I love the series!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh you had me at "strong desire not to become a piece of garden statuary", this series does sound like a lot of fun and it's always refreshing when you get a book from another persons perspective. Also I adore your new wow banner Maja!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That banner is too cute!
    I haven't picked this series up since the first installment but plan to at one point when I have time. Glad you enjoy it as much as you do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. humm how is it that I have not heard of this series yet :( going to have to add it to the list!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the new banner! And why haven't I read this series yet? Your review had convinced me to add it to my list but I just haven't gotten to book one yet. This is the perfect reminder that I need to start these books, so thanks! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I haven't heard of this one but sounds good, and hope you get to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I do love those meerkats! :)

    Oh I so need to start that series! So behind on everything!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh man. I really have to get to reading this author. Love the cover!

    And love the new header. :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. I haven't read any of these, but this sounds like a lot of fun! That's cool the third book follows the usual MC's brother. It's cool to see books mix it up with things like that.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting. If you're a fellow blogger, I'll visit and return the favor as soon as possible. If your're using Google+ to comment, please make sure that your blog link is clearly visible on your profile.

Unfortunately, this is now an award and tag free blog, but I do thank you for your consideration.