Wednesday, December 18, 2013

WoW: Born of Deception



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. It spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

For this week I've chosen the sequel to Born of Illusion, a 2013 Balzer + Bray release I adored.


Title: Born of Deception
Series: Born of Illusion, #2
Author: Teri Brown
Release: June 10th 2014
Publisher Balzer + Bray
Pre-order: The Book Depository


Budding illusionist Anna Van Housen is on top of the world: after scoring a spot on a prestigious European vaudeville tour, she has moved to London to chase her dream and to join an underground society for people like her with psychic abilities. Along with her handsome beau, Cole Archer, Anna is prepared to take the city by storm.
But when Anna arrives in London, she finds the group in turmoil. Sensitives are disappearing and, without a suspect, the group’s members are turning on one another. Could the kidnapper be someone within the society itself—or has the nefarious Dr. Boyle followed them to London?
As Cole and Anna begin to unravel the case and secrets about the society are revealed, they find themselves at odds, their plans for romance in London having vanished. Her life in danger and her relationship fizzling, can Anna find a way to track down the killer before he makes her his next victim—or will she have to pay the ultimate price for her powers?
Set in Jazz-Age London, this alluring sequel to Born of Illusion comes alive with sparkling romance, deadly intrigue, and daring magic.

The first book in this series was such a pleasant surprise for me, and Anna a heroine I could really admire. I can't wait to see where Brown will take her next.

My new WoW banner was created by the brilliant mind behind Le Non Design

What are you excited about? Please leave a link and I'll be right by.

20 comments:

  1. Lol, I thought the banner was new but was all...when?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to check out the first book because it's something different than I normally read :) Great pick!

    Janina
    My WW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! Been hearing a lot of good things on this series!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I'm so excited for this! I really enjoyed the first book, so I'm looking forward to diving back into this historical realm - not to mention more magic tricks! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I'm definitely liking the cover to this book Maja, I remember how much you enjoyed the first book, so I really hope this book lives up to your expectations too! Wonderful pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The covers in this series are just wonderful, so mysterious and secretive. I'm pretty tempted to consider this series, I trust your judgement.

    My WoW pick this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounds great, hope you get to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I sadly still haven't read the first book in this series even though I have heard great things about it. I hope you'll enjoy this sequel more than the first book. Great pick, Maja :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that cover! I still need to read the first book, I feel like I will never get all caught up on my TBR pile.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read Born of Illusion yet, but I have read some great reviews. Great choice! I'll add this to Goodreads right now:) My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooo yes Maja, I can't wait for this one either! I'm a little nervous about the "relationship fizzling" line, I hate when the romantic couple falls apart in book two, but I think it can be done well and I'm hoping that's the case here. Fabulous pick my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Born of Illusion is one I missed out on when it first came out but still seems intriguing to me... will get around to it someday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think I told you last week but, I adore your WoW banner!

    This one sounds great as does the first book in the series and I really need to get reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I didn't love Born of Illusion but I did enjoy it and am looking forward to reading Born of Deception.

    ReplyDelete
  15. it's a new series for me as I haven't tried book 1 but maybe one day.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I still need that first book. Darn I feel so behind. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes, me too! I loved the first book!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooh yes, can't wait for this one! (And I don't know if I told you last week, but I really love the new banner!)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I didn't love the first book BUT I do love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great cover and it looks a good plot too! And love the new banner!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting. If you're a fellow blogger, I'll visit and return the favor as soon as possible. If your're using Google+ to comment, please make sure that your blog link is clearly visible on your profile.

Unfortunately, this is now an award and tag free blog, but I do thank you for your consideration.