Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: Dawn's Early Light


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. It spotlights upcoming releases we're eagerly anticipating.

For this week, I've chosen a long awaited sequel to one of my favorite series, Ministry of Peculiar Occurences. Steampunk is generally a genre I adore, but Pip Ballantine and Tee Morris  join forces to write it, it becomes even more than that.

Title: Dawn's Early Light
Series: Ministry of Peculiar Occurences, #3
Author: Pip Ballantine, Tee Morris
Release date: January 28th 2014
Publisher: Ace
Pre-order: The Book Depository

Working for the Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences, one sees innumerable technological wonders. But even veteran agents Braun and Books are unprepared for what the electrifying future holds….
After being ignominiously shipped out of England following their participation in the Janus affair, Braun and Books are ready to prove their worth as agents. But what starts as a simple mission in the States—intended to keep them out of trouble—suddenly turns into a scandalous and convoluted case that has connections reaching as far as Her Majesty the Queen.
Even with the help of two American agents from the Office of the Supernatural and the Metaphysical, Braun and Books have their work cut out for them as their chief suspect in a rash of nautical and aerial disasters is none other than Thomas Edison. Between the fantastic electric machines of Edison, the eccentricities of MoPO consultant Nikola Tesla, and the mysterious machinations of a new threat known only as the Maestro, they may find themselves in far worse danger than they ever have been in before….

If you haven't met Books and Braun yet, I highly recommend getting a copy of Phoenix Rising and spending some time with these delightful characters.
And what are you excited about this week? Leave me a link and I'll be right there.


25 comments:

  1. I haven't tried this series yet but it does sound really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I have even heard of this series before. I'll have to look into it!
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like Jennifer, I have never heard of this series but it does seem pretty interesting, from skimming through the blurb of the first book. The cover for me is off putting though. :|

    Thanks for sharing, hon! <33

    ReplyDelete
  4. I vaguely remember you mentioning this series before, so thanks for the reminder to get started on them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't think I remember this series, but the cover is just freaking awesome!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think I've come across this series before, but Braun and Books sound like wonderful characters! Also by picking up this series, I will finally be able to jump into the genre of Steampunk! Brilliant pick Maja! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't heard of these series before, but it since it comes recommended by you, the books must be good. Thanks for sharing, Maja!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like the cover! Hope you get to read it soon!
    Brandi at Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks like fun!! I feel like I've read the first book in this series but maybe not.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have not met Books and Braun yet, but clearly that is a mistake. One I need to remedy! *off to check out Phoenix Rising* Thanks for the recommendation Maja!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This series does sound like a lot of fun! I don't always have the best luck with steampunk for some reason although someone has told me I should check Meljean Brook's 'Iron Seas' series. Will be adding this series to my list too. :)
    Bonnie @ Sweet Tidbits

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the steampunk style too! And this has two spies that are good characters. I'm definitely interested.

    ReplyDelete
  13. YES!!! I want too! I love this series so hard! WANT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I do love steampunk and this series sounds like fun! I'll have to check out Phoenix Rising. Great choice and thanks for the rec! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can concur -- waiting none-too-patiently for this installment in the series.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow. Look at that cover. I need to meet these two asap. I can't keep up with all of your UF reading! Love that you adore this genre so much.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This sounds pretty interesting, Maja! I'm not much into the Steampuck genre but if I'm going to pick something up from it a recommendation from you is definitely one I'm going to get. Thanks for sharing this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yep, I'll definitely be reading this one, Maja! Still have to get through the second book, but this series is absolutely delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is one of my favourite series. I can't wait to get more of Books and Braun. I am counting the days for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Now this girl looks kick-ass! I haven't heard of this series but I shall trust you 'cause you know more about this than me! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I read the first and really enjoyed it, but I haven't got my hands on the 2nd one yet. Love this cover!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just went and added the first one. I think I might have to have an UF-dedicated month. Or maybe just a Maja-guided month of forced reads. Perhaps you could give me a list of 50 books to choose from and I have to read 10 or something?

    ReplyDelete
  23. I haven't heard of this series yet, but nice that you're still enjoying it. Great choice, Maja.

    Btw, I just started the first book of the Mercy Thompson series, Moon Called and I'm LOVING it!! I'm always coming to you and Keertana for my UF recommends because I know you won't disappoint!

    I'm listening to the audio version which is awesome. Same narrator as the Charley Davidson series, and she has just the right amount of humor/snark in her inflections that seem to fit the character just right. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting. If you're a fellow blogger, I'll visit and return the favor as soon as possible. If your're using Google+ to comment, please make sure that your blog link is clearly visible on your profile.

Unfortunately, this is now an award and tag free blog, but I do thank you for your consideration.