Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater (3)



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. It spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagarly anticipating. 



Expected publication: September 18th 2012
Publisher: Scholastic
Hardcover, 416 pages

“There are only two reasons a non-seer would see a spirit on St. Mark’s Eve,” Neeve said. “Either you’re his true love . . . or you killed him.”

It is freezing in the churchyard, even before the dead arrive.

Every year, Blue Sargent stands next to her clairvoyant mother as the soon-to-be dead walk past. Blue herself never sees them—not until this year, when a boy emerges from the dark and speaks directly to her.

His name is Gansey, and Blue soon discovers that he is a rich student at Aglionby, the local private school. Blue has a policy of staying away from Aglionby boys. Known as Raven Boys, they can only mean trouble.

But Blue is drawn to Gansey, in a way she can’t entirely explain. He has it all—family money, good looks, devoted friends—but he’s looking for much more than that. He is on a quest that has encompassed three other Raven Boys: Adam, the scholarship student who resents all the privilege around him; Ronan, the fierce soul who ranges from anger to despair; and Noah, the taciturn watcher of the four, who notices many things but says very little.

For as long as she can remember, Blue has been warned that she will cause her true love to die. She never thought this would be a problem. But now, as her life becomes caught up in the strange and sinister world of the Raven Boys, she’s not so sure anymore.

From Maggie Stiefvater, the bestselling and acclaimed author of the 
Shiver trilogy and The Scorpio Races, comes a spellbinding new series where the inevitability of death and the nature of love lead us to a place we’ve never been before.


There's something so magical about Maggie Stiefvater's writing that pulls me right in every single time. I've pre-ordered a signed and doodled in copy of The Raven Boys even though the shipping will cost more than the book itself. After reading the first two chapters, there is no doubt in my mind that this book will be at least as good as her others (I rated them all 5 stars, and I don't give 5 stars easily). It doesn't hurt that the cover is simply amazing.

Who else is excited about this? 
Have a great Wednesday, guys!


24 comments:

  1. I'm with you on this one...love the sounds of this one and love what I've read of Maggie Stiefvater's writing. And this cover is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hissed when I saw your WoW! I just feel like a loser because I haven't read The Scorpio Races yet. I'll be keeping my eyes out for this one though if ever I do read TSR. Thank for stopping by my WoW, Maja! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love anything "Stiefvater." Waiting on this one as well...rather impatiently...lol

    Nikki @ Books Most Wanted

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, yes! I am really looking forward to this :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Maggie Stiefvator! This one sounds especially unique. She will be the cause of her one true love to die!
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will read ANYTHING that Maggie writes! Can't wait for this series :)

    Liza’s WOW

    ReplyDelete
  7. The premise to this sounds really interesting! I've not had much luck with Stiefvater's other books but I'm hoping this book will change that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’ve been looking for a good up and coming sci-fi / fantasy with a legitimate heroine – loved Naomi Kritzer’s work a great deal and think I’ll add this to my list on Goodreads.

    My WoW

    @TCAbn The Motley Chronicles

    ReplyDelete
  9. I still haven't read Scorpio Races either. This one looks pretty interesting though!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks like a good one, I've read some of her books before so I'm sure it will be good. Here's my Wow
    Check out my Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope your glorious affair with your book soul mate continues! How cool that she's doodling in them. I'll look forward to the gushing review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Um....don't kill me but I haven't read anything by this author yet o_O I've heard so many awesome things about her, I just haven't gotten round to it yet :P though this one has been on my TBR for a while now. I'll admit that the cover is awesome! Hopefully I'll read this series once it comes out instead of waiting forever :P

    All the best ♥
    Mackenzie Oh, For the Love of Books!
    WoW

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am right there with you on this one! I would do anything to read this NOW, especially after that two chapter sneak peak! I've already pre-ordered my signed copy, too! :)

    Here’s my WoW post. Happy Wednesday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so so soooooo excited for this book!!! Maggie is amazing and I adore her writing too! Thanks for sharing!

    Check out mine: www.passingthepages.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great choice! I'm looking forward to reading this myself and the cover is amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds awesome! Love the title, the cover, the summary, everything!

    Jennifer @ Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews
    http://feministfairytalereviews.blogspot.com/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday-16-blood-seduction.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh man, I can't wait to read this one! <3 I heart Maggie Stiefvater and her books! this one sounds amazing. LOVE the cover. So gorgeous.

    my WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I heart Maggie Stiefvater
    exited

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can't wait to read this too, Maja. We share love for Maggie's writing. Great pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. EEEEE MAJA! I read the sneak peek of the book recently and oh goodness, it sounded AMAZING. I AM DESPERATE FOR THIS BOOK! Anything by Maggie Stiefvater is bound to be awesome!

    Awesome pick, Maja! Absolutely can't wait for The Raven Boys! <3

    ReplyDelete
  21. Super curious for this one too and I love that cover! Also, I have to read Scorpio Races soon!

    ReplyDelete
  22. After listening in audiobook format to her Shiver trilogy, I confess (and hope not to be stoned to death...) that I kind of keep away from her. I didn't quite like Shiver, with the exception of Cole (and I think that was because the voice actor was too sexy for his own good....) so I'm always scared about investing more time and effort into something that might turn out to be similar. But that summary does pique my interest. And I have this thing about ravens - I just love them.

    And, of course, you want to read it. Which means I'll probably cave and read it, too.

    ... I'll perhaps wait for your review first, though :) But it's definitely on my "watch out" list now.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I read the first two chapters of this and was HOOKED! Seriously, could not stop thinking about it. I'm so excited for this book. I love Maggie - I've been a fan since Shiver. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oooh a signed and doodled copy! Would love to get one of The Scorpio Races. I'm also looking forward to The Raven Boys and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll enjoy reading it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting. If you're a fellow blogger, I'll visit and return the favor as soon as possible. If your're using Google+ to comment, please make sure that your blog link is clearly visible on your profile.

Unfortunately, this is now an award and tag free blog, but I do thank you for your consideration.