Sunday, January 1, 2012

Some plans for 2012

I'm happy to report that even with the endless baking (on both sides), trips to amusement parks, visiting relatives and everything else that usually happens during holiday season, Lisa and I managed to get our act together and make some (though not many) plans for 2012.

My somewhat ambitious 2011 GoodReads reading challenge has taught me that challenges in general tend to put a damper on my reading enjoyment, so I won't be joining that many this year. In fact, other than the GoodReads challenge (a little less ambitious this time), so far we have decided to join just one:

I won't bother you with challenge guidelines. If you wish to know more, simply click on the button.

As I said, both of us will be participating in this challenge.

Lisa: 24 books from her tbr pile, A Sweet Kiss level

Maja: 50 books from her tbr pile, Married with Children level.


I've also been going through my list of 2012 releases, so happy that they seem somehow closer now that the new year is finally here. Here are some of the books I can't wait to get my hands on:



There are, of course many others, but the most important ones among them are still without covers:

Quintana of Charyn (Lumatere Chronicles, #3) by Melina Marchetta

Outpost (Razorland, #2) by Ann Aguirre

Endgame (Sirantha Jax, #6) by Ann Aguirre

The list goes on and on, but these are the ones I will definitely preorder. What are the releases you're most looking forward to?

I hope all of you had a great time last night.

Love, M.


7 comments:

  1. Holy Schmidt, your list just reminded me of Blackout! I can't wait for it to be released. The same goes for Quintana of Charyn as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing the TBR Challenge too at the "A Friendly Hug" level committing me to just 11-20 books from my TBR shelf.
    Those are some great 2012 choices! The top 3 on my 2012 list are Stacia Kane's Sacrificial Magic (Downside 4), Kendare Blake's Girl of Nightmares (Anna 2) and Susan Ee's still untitled sequel to Angelfall. I see a few covers on your list that I don't recognize. I'll have to check them out and maybe put them on my 2012 wishlist too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for Girl of Nightmares and Something Strange and Deadly especially!!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the names of the levels for the TBR challenge. Best of luck!

    That dress on the cover of Something Strange and Deadly is something else.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not doing the TBR challenge but I do have like three or four other challenges I'm doing. I think that's enough to start with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am signed up but I won't commit to what is coming out of the pile. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting. If you're a fellow blogger, I'll visit and return the favor as soon as possible. If your're using Google+ to comment, please make sure that your blog link is clearly visible on your profile.

Unfortunately, this is now an award and tag free blog, but I do thank you for your consideration.