Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday: A Barricade in Hell



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. It spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


Title: A Barricade in Hell
Author: Jaime Lee Moyer
Series: Delia Martin, #2
Published: June 3rd 2014
Publisher: Tor Books
Format: Hardcover, 384 pgs

Delia Martin has been gifted (or some would say cursed) with the ability to peer across to the other side. Since childhood, her constant companions have been ghosts. She used her powers and the help of those ghosts to defeat a twisted serial killer terrorizing her beloved San Francisco. Now it's 1917—the threshold of a modern age—and Delia lives a peaceful life with Police Captain Gabe Ryan.
That peace shatters when a strange young girl starts haunting their lives and threatens Gabe. Delia tries to discover what this ghost wants as she becomes entangled in the mystery surrounding a charismatic evangelist who preaches pacifism and an end to war. But as young people begin to disappear, and audiences display a loyalty and fervor not attributable to simple persuasion, that message of peace reveals a hidden dark side.

As Delia discovers the truth, she faces a choice—take a terrible risk to save her city, or chance losing everything?

Delia's Shadow, the first book in Jaime Lee Moyer's series, was such a wonderful surprise last year. This series is a delightful blend of so many genres, and the characters are so well fleshed out, that I can't wait to get my hands on the sequel and reunite with Delia, Gabe and their friends.

What are you excited about? Leave me a link and I'll drop by.

21 comments:

  1. I'm so excited you loved Delia's Shadow and are waiting on this one, Maja, since I have Delia's Shadow waiting to be read on my desk. I'll be getting to it very soon and cannot wait to meet these characters and - hopefully! - become just as excited as you for the release of this sequel. Great pick this week, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choice! I have heard nothing but good things about the first book, which I really need to read soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear, this comes out in June? I really need to try to read the first book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a blend of genres. I haven't heard of the first book so I'll have to check it out!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  5. The library has book one, me neeeeedz it

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG Maja your banner for this meme is so cute! :) I haven't heard of this one before so thanks for putting it under my radar!

    Great pick! <33

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh that looks intriguing! Haven't heard of it before! Hope you love it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, that certainly sounds interesting!! Not sure about the appeal of the cover -- I don't think I'd pluck it off the shelf but the innards sound good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooo I'm making a note of this one Maja! My mother in law read Delia's Shadow for the blog and just loved it, so I know she'll want to get her hands on book two as soon as it's out. I need to read it for myself for sure:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read Delia's Shadow, but I have had my eye on it ever since it came out. It looks like a great series!

    Here's my WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't wait for this one either! Delia's Shadow was a really good historical mystery and I'm so excited to read more about Delia and Gabe! And I just love the covers in this series <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've not heard much of this series, but I did hear pretty good things about the first book :) Great pick!

    Janina
    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooooh, this one sounds very interesting! I really need to read Delia's Shadow soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This series sounds fantastic. Thanks for bringing to my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  15. oooh there will be a book 2! I'm so happy, I really enjoyed book 1

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really enjoyed Delia's Shadow and had no idea there would be a sequel o.O This sounds great though, I loved the historical San Francisco setting and really rooted for Delia and Gabe :) Thanks for making me aware of this one!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your review of Delia's Shadow and would love to pick up this series. I'm not sure which cover I like more, both gorgeous. Great pick, Maja. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. YES! I wants this one too. I enjoyed Delia's Shadow as well.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yep, on my list. I just scheduled two guest posts with Jamie so this is a definite!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hmm, this one caught my eye. I'm going to have to go back to look at the first book again. :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am so excited for this one Maja. Like you I loved Delilah's Shadow.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting. If you're a fellow blogger, I'll visit and return the favor as soon as possible. If your're using Google+ to comment, please make sure that your blog link is clearly visible on your profile.

Unfortunately, this is now an award and tag free blog, but I do thank you for your consideration.