Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: Banishing the Dark


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. It spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

For this week I've chosen the next installment in one of my favorite Urban Fantasy series, Arcadia Bell. The previous book ended with a cliffhanger, so I'm quite desperate to get m hands on this one. Fortunately, Ive heard from the author that Banishing the Dark does not end with a cliffhanger, which makes me even more excited to read it. Here are the details: 


Title: Banishing the Dark
Series: Arcadia Bell, #4
Release: May 27th 2014
Publisher: Pocket

In this new installment in a beloved urban fantasy series, gutsy renegade mage and tiki bar owner Arcadia Bell faces the last danger standing between her old identity and a new future she desperately wants: herself.
After surviving a supernatural battle with Hellfire Club leader Ambrose Dare, Cady and her demon boyfriend, Lon Butler, journey across California to find the source of her mysterious Moonchild origins. But the further they travel, the stranger the revelations about her parents’ past occult lives. Can Cady keep what's rightfully hers, or will she have make the ultimate sacrifice to stop her murderous mother from crossing the planes?

Jenn's new book, Bitter Spirits, is being released shortly. She was kind enough to participate in Something Wicked Returns. You can read her post and enter the international giveaway HERE.

Check out the other Wicked posts as well, especially the trivia challenge I put together for you at the beginning of my week. And once again, thank you all for stopping by, reading, commenting and entering the giveaways.



30 comments:

  1. 'Arcadia Bell' is another urban fantasy series that sounds very interesting but I haven't started reading it yet. But I hope you will have a chance to read 'Banishing the Dark' soon. I hate to be left with a cliffhanger.
    Check out what I am waiting for this Wednesday...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh love the title! It make would make me want to pick up the book if I saw it at the bookstore.

    Awesome pick! <33

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I have heard of this series but haven't read it yet, though. I love the title too! Great pick Maja :) I'll hopefully get to read it soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your favorite urban fantasy series? Then I really need to read it :) I just checked, the first book in this series is only $1.99 on Amazon! Thanks for recommendation, I hope you get Banishing the Dark soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard of this series but you have me curious, thanks for sharing :-)

    Sharon - Obsession with Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember when the first Arcadia Bell book was coming out I was super excited to pick it up... and yet I haven't! How did we get to book 4 already?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Of course the UF recs never end from you! ;) I really want - and need! - to read this series, so hopefully I'll start on it soon. Wonderful pick, Maja!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh nice! Seeing this quite a bit! Haven't read the series though!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have the 1st book in the series on my TBR... I really want to get to it :D
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll probably have to get reading this series if it's one of your fave UF ones!



    My WoW: http://pili-inlovewithhandmade.blogspot.com.es/2013/10/waiting-on-wednesday-12.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, yeah. Right there with you on the want of this book.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good choice! I need to start this series too! Will I ever get caught up?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haven't heard of this one yet. Hope you get to read it soon!
    Brandi at Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome pick. Thanks for sharing :)

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/10/waiting-on-wednesday-69-snow-in-summer.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. I need to read this series Maja! I remember reading your post about Bitter Spirits and it sounds outstanding, so while I wait for it, I think I need to go back and read book 1 of Arcadia Bell!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've definitely heard of this series however never really thought about it. This makes me question that :) Thanks for posting :)

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope you like this book as much as the ones before. Cheers to no cliffhanger! They leave us so desperate for a continuation in a stinging way.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I so can't wait for this one! really impatient!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I still haven't started this series, but it sounds great!

    Here's Mine @ Pinkindle Reads & Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh this one DOESN'T end with a cliffhanger? That is the best news ever. That last ending was painful. Can't wait for this one either! Great pick. :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. WHAT???? I must have. Still NEED the third book! NEEDS I TELLS YA! Seriously, this series rocks so hard. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. It's always such a relief to know that a book doesn't end on a cliffhanger. Especially when you've already had to put up with one! I haven't read the first book yet, but I'm looking forward to seeing what you think of this one. I hope it lives up to your expectations, Maja! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. You know, I have her first book sitting here and need to get to it. Thanks for sharing of the new one coming! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. That's great this one doesn't have a cliffhanger!! Hope you love it.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'll put this one the pile of UFs I need to read, Maja. Thanks for putting the series on my radar! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I haven't read this series, but if you're four books in and still eagerly reading, I know I need to add it to my list. You're like the queen of good UF recs. Isn't it always so much easier to look forward to a book when you know a cliffie isn't going to sneak up on you? Great WoW choice!

    ReplyDelete
  27. The cover backdrop is so rich :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Sounds great, Maja. And it's still relatively early to the series so I can easily catch up. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting. If you're a fellow blogger, I'll visit and return the favor as soon as possible. If your're using Google+ to comment, please make sure that your blog link is clearly visible on your profile.

Unfortunately, this is now an award and tag free blog, but I do thank you for your consideration.