Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: The Space Between Us (6)


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. It spotlights upcoming events that we're eagerly anticipating. 





Expected release: October 16th 2012
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Hardcover, 400 pages



From the author of Virtuosity, a novel about two sisters and the secrets they tell, the secrets they keep, and the secret that tears them apart.

Amelia is used to being upstaged by her charismatic younger sister, Charly. She doesn’t mind, mostly, that it always falls to her to cover for Charly’s crazy, impulsive antics. But one night, Charly's thoughtlessness goes way too far, and she lands them both in serious trouble.

Amelia's not sure she can forgive Charly this time, and not sure she wants to…but the situation is even worse than either of them realizes. Amelia has no choice but to give up everything--her friends, her future, her dream--in order to cover for Charly’s huge mistake.

Amelia doesn't understand how her sister could have done this to them both. What she doesn't know is that Charly is hiding a terrible secret—one with the potential to change everything.


I know what you're thinking and no, hell didn't freeze over and pigs haven't learned to fly just yet, but yes, I did choose a contemporary YA for my WoW post. I loved Jessica Martinez's debut, Virtuosity so much, it's one of the best contemporaries I've ever read, so can you really blame me for having October 16th circled on my calendar? Although I have a fantastic relationship with my older sister, I'm very curious about this story.

What are you guys excited about this week?
Leave me a link and I'll make sure to visit. :)


20 comments:

  1. Haha I'm just like you. I do enjoy contemporary YA novels but the majority of the stuff on my to-read list is Sci-Fi and Fantasy xD This book sounds interesting though. Nice pick!

    - Kim
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maja where did you find this????? Seriously I loved Virtuoisty too, I didn't even know that Jessica had another book planned for October! I'm dying to find out what their secrets are! I think I will definitely be pre-ordering this! Awesome pick my love! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't heard about this one, but it sounds good. Virtuosity has been on my wishlist forever, I'll have to try to read it too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been interested in this since I heard it was about two sisters, being the older sister of a younger, crazier girl, I am very interested in reading this, I think I am going to bond with Amelia ;) Love that you picked a contemp, Maja!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't say I'm a fan of the cover (all that pink is kind of shocking!) but I like the sound of this book. I haven't read Virtuosity yet, though I am curious to see what I will make of this. Lovely pick, Maja! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gah! I want this and I want this SO bad! Great pick! :D

    Drop by my WoW?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haven't heard of this one! Hope you enjoy it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, I liked Virtuosity, so I definitely need to check this out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this sounds awesome. I want, no need, to know that secret lol. Great pick.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had to pinch myself to see if I was dreaming when I saw your pick, Maja! The vanilla-queen's evil plans to win you over are working! I love my sister to pieces so I'm always interested in a sister story too. Great pick, my lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not the biggest contemporary fan, but this sounds so interesting! I'll be considering it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Usually books about sisters just remind me of my annoying-sometimes-amazing older sisters, but this one sounds AMAZING! Hehe, it makes me smile that you pick a Contemporary YA for WOW this week! Since you really like Virtuosity, I guess I have to check it next time on bookstore. Excellent pick this week, dear Maja! <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have yet to read Virtuosity, but your best stamp is making me want to!

    Stories about sisters always hit home, especially since I have so many and they are always doing things I consider unforgivable. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like that there's more sister novels popping up! I'm reading Black Heart Blue atm and although I'm loving it, I just knwo I'm going to cry at the end!

    ComaCalm's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jessica Martinez is so talented. I'm not a fan of Contemporary Fiction, but her 1st book, Virtuosity, was great. Awesome pick!

    Check out my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  16. hahaha, I do believe pigs ARE flying if you chose a contemporary, Maja! :p although I have to admit, you chose a FANTASTIC book. I can't wait for this one. Virtuosity was amazing.

    my wow.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am *tentatively* excited about this. I will be more excited once I know for sure that the "big secret" isn't something paranormal.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm curious about this book as well but I dread reading it. It sounds very heartbreaking; all the secrets and the selfless cover ups! But I'll be on the look-out for your review, Maja :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey Maja! Long time no see!

    This is a really great pick for your WoW. I've seen it around and the more I see it...oh who am I kidding? I'm absolutely nuts over wanting to read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my gosh, Jessica Martinez has another book out in October? Why didn't I know about this haha? Virtuosity is in my TBR pile and I CANNOT wait to read it and after seeing your comment about enjoying it even though you don't usually like contemporaries makes me even more excited to read it!

    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog AND following! Much appreciated <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting. If you're a fellow blogger, I'll visit and return the favor as soon as possible. If your're using Google+ to comment, please make sure that your blog link is clearly visible on your profile.

Unfortunately, this is now an award and tag free blog, but I do thank you for your consideration.