Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Faves of TwentyEleven: The Covers

Hello, darlings. We hope that you had a great Christmas, that your tummies are full and that you received a lot of bookish presents. I suppose we're a little late to this party, but here it goes:



This is our last Faves of TwentyEleven post, hosted by Nomes @ Inkcrush. Each of us chose her 10 favorite covers, not necessarily of 2011 releases, but certainly books we read in 2011.

Lisa’s covers:




Maja’s covers:




We had such a great time doing this and we'd like to thank Nomes for the idea and all the hard work, and all of you for coming back day after day to read our not-so-witty banter and comment on our choices. You're the best!

Lisa & Maja

6 comments:

  1. Ooh, great picks! Love the covers for Everneath, Imaginary Girls, and Across the Universe. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I included the Aussie cover for Graffiti Moon in my post as well. And I have to agree that the Aussie editions for both Finnikin and Froi are a lot better than the US ones. I really like the cover for Fury as well, even though I haven't read it. And I'm looking forward to reading I'll Be There and Eona (and Eon).

    Happy Holidays to both of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so in love with the I'll be There cover! Just amazing! Love illustrated covers in general, and that one's extremely well done. Lament looks great, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is that an international cover of Lament? I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both Lament and Ballad were released this year in a new paperback edition by Scholastic. Ballad is also very beautiful, similar to Lament, but blue. I can't wait to see the cover for book 3 in late 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i am not a fan of girl on dress covers, but everneath is stunning

    i also LOVE the cover of as i wake.

    x Nomes

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting. If you're a fellow blogger, I'll visit and return the favor as soon as possible. If your're using Google+ to comment, please make sure that your blog link is clearly visible on your profile.

Unfortunately, this is now an award and tag free blog, but I do thank you for your consideration.