Saturday, September 27, 2014

Nocturnal Quotes: Pretty Little Dead Girls



Hello, my friends!

We had to skip our Nocturnal Quotes post last week due to some unforseen circumstances, but today we're back with something very special to my heart. This time, the quote wasn't chosen by me, but by the author herself. However, I must say, although there's plenty of awesomeness to choose from, I would have likely chosen the same one myself.

So without further ado, here's the quote from Pretty Little Dead Girls: A Tale of Murder and Whimsy.



Thank you to Mercedes for choosing the quote and, as always, to the brilliant Feri from Le Non Design for making it look so gorgeous.

My review of Pretty Little Dead Girls will be posted on Monday. Review spoiler alert!! It's quite possibly the best book I've read all year.


ABOUT THE BOOK:

Pretty Little Dead Girls: A Novel of Murder and WhimsyAuthor: Mercedes M. Yardley
Series: Standalone
Released: September 27th 2014
Publisher: Ragnarok
Source: Publisher for review
Buy: Ragnarok

"Run, Star Girl."
BRYONY ADAMS IS DESTINED TO BE MURDERED, but fortunately Fate has terrible marksmanship. In order to survive, she must run as far and as fast as she can. After arriving in Seattle, Bryony befriends a tortured musician, a market fish-thrower, and a starry-eyed hero who is secretly a serial killer bent on fulfilling Bryony’s dark destiny.
Mercedes M. Yardley’s Pretty Little Dead Girls: A Novel of Murder and Whimsy is a dark, lovely fairy tale with lyrical language and a high body count. It features a cover by Hugo Award Winner GALEN DARA.

Thank you for stopping by!


10 comments:

  1. Ooh interesting quote! That's cool the author chose it. And I'm super curious about your review now- loving the book cover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best book you've read all year, huh? Wow! Consider me intrigued. Love the sound of it and that cover is a trip. Great quote!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, consider me intrigued too! By the quote, by the stunning cover and you finding it the best book of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A delicate guillotine? O.O I am intrigued.

    Thanks for sharing, Maja! <33

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quote is beautiful and so is the graphic. And the book cover is gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh gosh, this will be yet another I see I need to add to my mountainous TBR pile. Darn it Maja, stop adding to it. :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woha and how come that I haven't heard of this book yet! Look at it and just look at that quote! I need it in my life. Thanks for sharing, Maja :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love that quote! So visceral.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh it sounds like a beautiful book! Excellent quote!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting. If you're a fellow blogger, I'll visit and return the favor as soon as possible. If your're using Google+ to comment, please make sure that your blog link is clearly visible on your profile.

Unfortunately, this is now an award and tag free blog, but I do thank you for your consideration.