Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry Christmas!


Friends,

Christmas is the most important holiday in my family. We've had some good years and some bad years, but we always try to spend it together, with peace and joy in our hearts. If you're celebrating today, Merry Christmas to you and yours! If you're not, I hope you're having a joyful day regardless.

Photo by Virginie Millour
Seeing as we don't celebrate Thanksgiving in my country, Christmas is when I take some time to reflect on all the things I'm grateful for. I'd like to share at least some of those things with you, and I hope each of you will mention at least one of yours in the comments.

Above all else, I am grateful for my daughter, my nieces and nephew, and the rest of my huge and loving family. They unflinchingly support me in everything I do and my life would have no meaning without them. I am also eternally grateful for my love, whose presence in my life has been such a blessing from the start. He knows me exactly for who I am and loves me anyway, both when I'm at my best and when I'm at my worst.

Every day, I'm grateful for being able to do what I love, and do it well. I feel that I'm living up to my full potential, and it's a heady, wonderful feeling.

I am, of course, grateful for my two years with you, for each and every one of your visits and comments. We are the best community in the world, and I have no words to express how much you all mean to me and how The Nocturnal Library has shaped my life.

I am also grateful for books, System of a Down and red nail polish. Please don't judge me for this last one, I can be shallow like that sometimes. ;)

I will now quit my rambling and go eat instead.

Again, Merry Christmas to you and to your families.
Here's a song that always makes me cry.



With love,




29 comments:

  1. Merry Xmas to you and yours too, Maja! We get together the whole family on Xmas day, except that this year I'm missing it cause of work (hospitals don't close, that's my mantra) but we'll spend all together New Year's Eve and have dinner, so that's good! I wish I could also have the bf over to spend the holidays here, alas it couldn't be this year.

    I'm always reminded of how important being healthy and every day I'm grateful that my closest family are untouched by any health issues. I'm also extremely grateful for the amazing friends I have, the supportive and helpful co-workers that I have and the fact that we can fly to far away in just a few hours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are some amazing things to be grateful for! And I agree, health above all.
      Merry Christmas to you and your family! Hugs from Croatia!

      Delete
    2. Big hugs from Spain, Maja! Have a wonderful holiday time with your loved ones!

      Delete
  2. Merry Christmas and i wish you and your loved ones all the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas to you and yours, miki! Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Aw, this is wonderful Maja! I'm thankful for having a happy and healthy family, a home to live in and jobs that (mostly) support us. And of course I'm very thankful for my family! Have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read your Facebook post today about driving around to see decorations and it seemed like such a wonderful thing to do! We don't do that, which is too bad!
      Merry Christmas, Candace!

      Delete
  4. Merry Christmas, Maja! :) wonderful post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas to you too!!! I'm very thankful for my family. They support me in everything and they are always there when others might not be. :) I'm also very grateful for the wonderful books in my life...of course.

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And merry Christmas to you too, Lauren. There's really so much to be grateful for. It's nice to take some time to think about it.

      Delete
  6. Merry Christmas :) awesome thankful post

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry Christmas, Maja! Hope you and your family have a good one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Draga Maja, vesel božič in sretno novo leto! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww, this is such a lovely post, Maja! I hope you have a very merry Christmas and a Happy New Year as well! Enjoy!(:

    ReplyDelete
  10. Merry Christmas Maja <3 I hope you have a wonderful day with your family :)
    And.. what I am grateful for.. umm I am grateful for all the wonderful people I've met online, I am grateful for my friends and family and I am also grateful for the existence of books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Merry Christmas Maja! Enjoy the day with your family. I am grateful for all of the book loving friends I have made from all over the world. With friends like you I am truly blessed :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Merry Christmas Maja to you and your family! I hope you'll enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. it's so nice that you can celebrate with your whole family like that! We had them but just before christmas, this time it was only my parents and siblings. I hope you had a lovely time and I wish you a merry christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nope, red nail polish is essential. :)
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope you had a very Merry Christmas! Two thumbs up for System of a Down and definitely grateful for the blogging community. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  16. You know I have never worn red nail polish? I don't even own red nail polish. That's terrible isn't it?
    This year I'm most thankful for my strength to persevere. My relationship went through a super rocky patch but we got through it for the most part and it's better than I think it's ever been now. I'm also thankful for books that allow me to escape from life when I need to. :)
    Merry (belated) Christmas! Hope you had a lovely holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  17. We don't celebrate Thanksgiving either, so Christmas is really our family quality time. I love spending those days with my loved ones, exchanging gifts and eating ridiculous amounts of food, haha. I hope you have a great holiday :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hope you had a lovely Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting. If you're a fellow blogger, I'll visit and return the favor as soon as possible. If your're using Google+ to comment, please make sure that your blog link is clearly visible on your profile.

Unfortunately, this is now an award and tag free blog, but I do thank you for your consideration.