Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: Cursed By Destiny


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. It spotlights upcomign releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

For this week I've chosen the new installment in a fantastic urban fantasy series by Cecy Robson.


Title: Cursed By Destiny
Series: Weird Girls, #3
Release date: January 7th 2014
Publisher: Signet
Format: Paperback, 368 pages

Celia Wird and her three sisters are just like other 20-something girls—with one tiny exception: they're products of a backfired curse that has given each of them unique powers that make them, well, weird…...
Celia’s a girl in trouble. Her heart is bound to Aric, but he is a purebloodwere who must deny her or risk condemning his species to extinction. And that’s just her love life. She’s also been called to take down a group of demon terrorists looking to overthrow the paranormal world. (No pressure.)
In order to bring them down, Celia must ally herself to Misha, the master vampire who has made no secret of his desire for her. And if that weren’t enough misfortune for one girl, a clairvoyant’s prediction could destroy Celia and Aric’s love for good. The only way to protect the world from unbridled supernatural terrorism is for Celia to bind herself to her destined mate. And that doesn’t appear to be Aric….

A novella titled A Cursed Moon and told from Celia's friend Bren's perspective will be available on December 3rd 2013. I already finished and loved it - it contributes so much to the series. This series is perfect for all urban fantasy and romance fans, so if you happen to be one or both, make sure to give it a try.



28 comments:

  1. Hmm, this one looks pretty good! Love the title font.

    Thanks for sharing, Maja! <33

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard of this series, but I just added the first book to my TBR pile! Thanks for sharing!

    Here's My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am the biggest urban fantasy lover so I am checking this series out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. After the cliffie the last book ended on I desperately need to know what happens in this book. It isn't my favorite UF Series whatsoever, but it's compulsively readable. Great pick, Maja - I'm waiting too!(:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice, I'm going to have check this series out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, yeah-yeah! I definitely enjoyed the first in this series, though I haven't read the second yet. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is definitely a series I am interested in starting! I do love urban fantasy and romance, so this will be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Urban and Paranormal and Cursed By Destiny sounds like it's packed with yummy characters- will check out some more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I NEED TO READ THIS SERIES MAJA! I even have the first book, it's on my shelf begging me to pick it up. I need to make it my mission to read it before the new year, these just seem like my kind of books!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read this series, but I love Urban Fantasy and l love that this story has weres in it! I'm totally going to add it to the list:) Here's my WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is my second time seeing this today :) It looks good, but I've not started the series. Great pick!

    Janina
    My WW!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well I for sure know you love this author and this series and yeah I said I'd read it. I'll, eventually. My classes won't let me breath so hopefully soon. Hope you'll get to read this one soon. Great pick, Maja :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing pick! I am a huge fan of this series and I really cant wait for A Cursed moon and Cursed by destiny both. One of the best urban fantasy series, at least to me. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  14. I read and enjoyed the first book in the series!! I need to keep up.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Huh! This series is totally new to me! thanks for putting it on my radar:)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh darn it! I have the first 2 on my tbr and I so need to get to them. Now I know I want this one too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have this, and you have no idea how tempted I am to just crack it open now, but won't review it to closer to release date :) Awesome pick!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like a great book and I love the name of the series! Great pick, Maja!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Second time I've seen this one this round of WoW! It looks exciting. And that's one kick-butt cover...! ;)
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  20. This series has been on my tbr pile for a while now, it sounds great!

    Obsession with Books

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is a series I really want to start!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Don't know much about this series, sadly but I hope you'll get to read it soon, Maja!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I know how much you and other trusted bloggers love this series so I have it on my list to dive into over the holidays. Can't wait! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting. If you're a fellow blogger, I'll visit and return the favor as soon as possible. If your're using Google+ to comment, please make sure that your blog link is clearly visible on your profile.

Unfortunately, this is now an award and tag free blog, but I do thank you for your consideration.