Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: Perfect Scoundrels


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. It spotlights upcoming releases we're eagerly anticipating.

For this week I've chosen the new installment in a Middle Grade-ish series I really like.



Title: Perfect Scoundrels
Series: Heist Society, #3
Author: Ally Carter
Publication: February 7th 2013
Publisher: Orchard
Paperback, 352 pages

Katarina Bishop and W.W. Hale the fifth were born to lead completely different lives: Kat comes from a long, proud line of loveable criminal masterminds, while Hale is the scion of one of the most seemingly perfect dynasties in the world. If their families have one thing in common, it’s that they both know how to stay under the radar while getting—or stealing—whatever they want.

No matter the risk, the Bishops can always be counted on, but in Hale’s family, all bets are off when money is on the line. When Hale unexpectedly inherits his grandmother’s billion dollar corporation, he quickly learns that there’s no place for Kat and their old heists in his new role. But Kat won’t let him go that easily, especially after she gets tipped off that his grandmother’s will might have been altered in an elaborate con to steal the company’s fortune. So instead of being the heir—this time, Hale might be the mark. 

Forced to keep a level head as she and her crew fight for one of their own, Kat comes up with an ambitious and far-reaching plan that only the Bishop family would dare attempt. To pull it off, Kat is prepared to do the impossible, but first, she has to decide if she’s willing to save her boyfriend’s company if it means losing the boy.

I adored the first two books in this seried and I really need Kat and Hale to finally do something about their feelings for each other. I'm sure the focus won't be on the romance at all, but hopefully we'll still get a few crumbs thrown our way. 

What are you excited about? Leave me a link and I'll be there.



21 comments:

  1. oh my god I cannot wait for this book!!! I love Ally Carter!! :D great pick!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been wanting to start this series :D Cool pick!

    -Dannielle
    http://bookwhales.blogspot.com/2013/01/waiting-on-wednesday-23.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I can't wait for this book either, I requested a copy for review so I hope I get to read it soon, as I really need my Hale fix! I wish Hale and Kat would act on their feelings a bit more in this book too! Great pick Maja, this is definitely my favourite cover of the series so far! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOh nice! Been seeing this series around lately! Hope you love it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've enjoyed this series but wasn't the biggest fan of the Kat/Hale relationship in the last one so I'll be interested to see what's up with them in this book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH, this series sounds SO fun, though I haven't read it yet (I do have the first book, bought on sale, sitting on my shelf though). The chemistry between Kat and Hale sounds like it should be fun, too! Can't wait to read the series someday!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ally Carter is coming by me in February so I'm going to be devouring the first two book in this series soon so I can be ready for this book and her tour stop! Can't wait, I've heard such good things about Kat and Hale:) I love romance, so I do hope we'll get those crumbs in this 3rd book Maja!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! New follower here, and I LOVE your header -- it's GORGEOUS!! As for your WOW pick, it sure sounds like a fun read! Thanks for featuring it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This series sounds like a lot of fun, will definitely have to get around to reading this one of these days. :)
    My WoW Pick!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I still haven't got round to starting this series yet! I know a lot of bloggers love Ally Carter so I really need to see what all the fuss is about! Heist Society seems so thrilling - a criminal protag? Yeah!

    Thanks for sharing, Maja <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. I also haven't read this series yet, but definitely sounds like a lot of fun!
    Here's my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooooh, Ally Carter. I really love her works especially the Gallagher Girls series.

    Oh my this series keep on getting better and better. I've read Heist Society but i haven't read Uncommon Criminals. I definitely need to pick it up because this sounds amazing!

    Awesome pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. ME TOO! I'm only excited for this because of HALE! Seriously, can those two just together already? It's only been two books, but the sexual tension is KILLING me! ;) I can't wait for this to release, so fantastic pick, Maja! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. ! I enjoyed the first too books too! They were awesome! Can't wait!!!!!!!!!! Just one more month! I'm all for a little romance as well!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I read the Gallagher series by this author and I must say, it was SUCH a fun collection of books! On the other hand, I still haven't read the first Heist Society book but I hope to do so soon. :) Great pick and I hope this book exceeds your expectations, Maja!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've seen great reviews for the first two books in this series but I haven't read any of them. And it's not too long a wait now :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. My sister's read the first in this series and really liked it. I don't think she's gotten to the second yet, but she'll be excited to hear a third is coming out! Hope you get some more romance!

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  18. I never kept up with this series. But they are so popular at my library! I really should make the effort to get back in the groove again.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Havent read Heist Society yet, but hoping to this year. Hopefully next month. :D Great pick!Happy reading!


    Goals for 2013
    Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice choice, Maja! I've heard a lot of great things about Ally's books, it really is about time I pick one up. Pretty cool cover! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. AAAAH! I need to hurry up and read the latest two books in both Ally Carter's series. I adore everything this woman writes. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting. If you're a fellow blogger, I'll visit and return the favor as soon as possible. If your're using Google+ to comment, please make sure that your blog link is clearly visible on your profile.

Unfortunately, this is now an award and tag free blog, but I do thank you for your consideration.