Sunday, February 5, 2012

In My Mailbox #4



Happy Sunday everybody!
This is our fourth post for the amazing weekly feature "In My Mailbox" hosted by the lovely Kristy @ The Story Siren.



But let's cut straight to the chase and see what your two librarians got this week:

Maja’s:

It has been a somewhat slow reading week at my house, and things aren’t looking up, I’m afraid. Nevertheless, I’ve managed to add a few books to my overflowing bookshelves. Here they are:





I’ve received an advanced copy of The Catastrophic History of You and Me from the lovely people at Puffin/Razorbill UK. I’ve only just started it, but I can already tell that it’s incredibly cute and that I’m going to love it. It’s one of those books that make you smile the second you read the first sentence.
The Anathema is the second installment of The Central Series by Zach Rawlins and one of my most anticipated 2012 releases. I’d discovered the first book entirely by accident, loved the synopsis, bought it and read it the very same day. The Anathema was even better than its predecessor and I enjoyed every word. I’ll be posting my review sometime tomorrow so make sure to stop by and read more about it.
I have finally replaced my copy of Cold Kiss by Amy Garvey. Without a doubt one of my all time favorite paranormal YA novels, Cold Kiss has everything it takes to make me happy as a reader. If for whatever reason you still haven’t read this book, please step away from your computer and do so immediately.

Oh, and before I forget: as for my little Name My Kindle impromptu contest from two weeks ago, I finally decided to name him Ferguson, and the paperback of choice went to the lovely Bonnie @ Sweet Tidbits, who chose to receive the beautiful Walker Books UK edition of one of my all-time favorites, The Sky Is Everywhere.

And that’s it. Love you, guys (well, mostly ladies) and see you next week. :)


Lisa's:

I haven’t written a single review this week *sigh*.
What with the new job occupying a good part of my time and of my synapses, I just couldn’t put a sentence together.
On the bright side though, this doesn’t mean that I haven’t managed to read or hoard new books! Here’s what the mailman dropped in my mailbox: after getting Cracked up to Be by Courtney Summers in my IMM a few weeks ago, this week I got her new book, This is Not a Test, who should also be right up Maja’s alley since it’s about zombies.
Chasing Brooklyn by Lisa Schroeder is also a book I’ve been checking out for a while now, so I’m happy I got a chance to finally read it.
Genesis by Bernard Beckett was sent to me by Ms. Flannery from The Readventurer and it’s my award for participating and winning one her lovely contests (which we all hope she will organize soon again!)




Finally, following Maja’s recent enthusiasm for John Green (she read The Fault in our Stars and Looking for Alaska), my awesome book-partner decided I should also own Green’s other works: An Abundance of Katherines and Paper Towns. I WILL NOT READ ANY REVIEWS FOR THESE BOOKS.
This is very sad, but I never got around to finishing Looking for Alaska because I accidentally read a major spoiler of someone’s review which totally ruined it for me... I’ll get back to it but ladies, please remember! Try to write spoiler-free reviews...Aaaand we’re done for the week. Now, after showing all the bounty, let’s get down to actually doing what we most love to do: READING!

Love to ya all,
Lisa and Maja

24 comments:

  1. Oooh, The Catastrophic History of You and Me sounds brilliant. This Is Not A Test and Chaing Brooklyn look really chilling! John Green is such a great author, I'm sure his book will be a great read. Enjoy.(:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got This Is Not A Test too this week. Zombies are cool, right? ;) I can't wait to start that one. Enjoy your books, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cover for the John Green book, it would make me pick it up.

    Enjoy your books, Great Mailbox :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maja lucky you!! I can't wait to read The Catastrophic History of You and Me!! :) It's freezing outside, isn't it? :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, lovely neighbor, I decided not to go out until April. But maybe I'll see you then!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the name Ferguson! Sorry it's been a slow reading week, Maja!

    And I am so with you, Lisa, on the spoiler-free reviews!! At least give us readers a head up!!! I actually don't read any reviews until after I've read the book. I just look at overall ratings on Goodreads/the blogs for books I add to my TBR. For the very few reviews I do read (yours and Maja's!), I read slowly and skim to the end to make sure it's safe. Sad...

    Happy reading and writing!!
    Kristin @myparahangover

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really need to read the rest of John Green's books after I loved The Fault in Our Stars. I even have copies of both Looking for Alaska and Paper Towns, I just haven't found the time to read them. Sigh, the never ending battle with the TBR pile.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOh nice set of books! Haven't read any of them myself, but hope you enjoy all of them!

    Here's my IMM

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow. Those are some awesome books.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  10. great books this week! I hadn't even heard of "This is Not a Test" and "Genesis" but I'm looking forward to checking them out. The Catastrophic history looks really good too! Enjoy girls :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That catastrophis history looks super cool! Cold Kiss, too - I need to find out more about that one! And then, this is not a test and genesis sound pretty awesome... All in all, a great stash! I hope you'll enjoy all of your books!

    Ron @ Stories of my life

    ReplyDelete
  12. njoy them all
    i have not had ther chance to read cold kiss yet :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like your IMM! What a lot of books! Hope you would enjoy them :D

    Mariska

    In my mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the first cover it's really beautiful. I haven't read any of these books but I need to check them! enjoy!


    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've been curious about Cold Kiss and This is Not A Test. Looking forward to your reviews on those. I'm a new follower!

    Here's my IMM!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooooh everything you got looks great! I hope you enjoy it all :)

    Here's my IMM!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both of you got great stuff this week! I really want to read The Catastrophic History of You and Me and Cold Kiss! I also plan on reading the John Green books I haven't read yet in probably April or May. :)

    Happy reading!

    IMM @ Pinkindle Reads & Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  18. Maja, I can't believe you didn't mention the STICKERS I sent you in your mailbox! ;-)

    Lisa, better late than never, eh? I hope you like it! And I am really excited that you are going to read some John Green. I kind of/totally have the hots for him.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Flannery, thanks so much for sending the book to me, of course better late than never! You should totally start an IMM too.
    As for John Green, I really hope it's going to be a fresh start for me and him!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lisa, I completely agree with you about people writing reviews with spoilers. They should at least hide them, that way if you want to know you can click on it & it doesn't ruin it for anyone else.

    Maja, you must make Lisa send you This Is Not a Test. That seems more like a Maja book than a Lisa one. Or maybe Lisa has a thing for zombies that I'm not aware of? I'm personally dying to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great haul ladies! I just got Cold Kiss last week I'm trying to make time to read it for Zombie month! And Catastrophic history looks really cute! So it looks more like a Lisa book! :P

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  22. As per usual, I am super jealous of you two. Maja, I was cradling cold kiss in the bookstore today but am on a ban for a few more weeks (cry). After your recommendation, I haven't been able to stop looking at it!! Also, I have heard wayyy to many great things about The Catastrophic History of You and Me! Going to have to add that one to the list as well..
    (P.S. The Space Between is very good! Should be done shortly! We shall have to discuss!)

    And Lisa -- John Green! I still haven't read anything by him and I seriously need to. Great haul =).

    ReplyDelete
  23. i will be on the lookout for Catastrophic History. I still have Cold Kiss in my pile from when I read your lovely review Maja I think back in October! I too have This is Not a Test! We will have to compare notes.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting. If you're a fellow blogger, I'll visit and return the favor as soon as possible. If your're using Google+ to comment, please make sure that your blog link is clearly visible on your profile.

Unfortunately, this is now an award and tag free blog, but I do thank you for your consideration.