Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Silver-Tongued Devil (Sabina Kane, #4)

Silver-Tongued Devil (Sabina Kane, #4)Silver-Tongued Devil by Jaye Wells

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3.5 stars

*cue dramatic music*



Orphaned twin sisters, half vampires and half mages, were separated at birth. One was raised by the vampires, the other by the mages, one treated like a weapon and the other like a princess. They grew up unaware of each other’s existence, but they’ve recently been reunited and forced to fight their mortal enemy… and family. They came out as winners, but the cost is much greater than they ever imagined.
After spending their lives apart, Sabina and Maisie are finally trying to become the sisters they were always meant to be. The person who stood in their way is gone, and they are free to live their lives however they see fit. But Maisie is still suffering the consequences of her kidnapping, and Sabina is unable to adjust to her new, peaceful and infinitely boring life. When you’re a retired killer, it’s only natural to get bloodthirsty from time to time. Fortunately, Sabina has her boyfriend Adam and her fateful sidekick Giguhl to help her with her troubles. Maisie, however, is turning down everyone willing to help her.
The time has come for Maisie, the Hekate Council’s Oracle, to deliver her annual prophecy, but in order to do that, she must dream, and she’s refusing to sleep. At the same time, dead bodies start appearing everywhere, and there is no doubt that a vampire drained them. With the new vampire leadership in town, Sabina must work hard to save her fragile sister, her relationship with Adam, Slade’s job and her own reputation. It would seem that the enemy they’d killed isn’t their biggest enemy after all. War between the races is even closer than they thought.

I had a feeling this book might be a little slower than the previous ones and I was right. After the big showdown in Green-Eyed Demon, things needed to settle down a bit, especially since the next book is going to be the last. All this is true about the first 85%, though - it’s basically build-up for the final installment. The last 15%, however, gave us a taste of what we can expect in Blue-Blooded Vamp. I especially like that Wells did all this, but she didn’t end her book with a nasty cliffhanger. The last book of the series will be released in June 2012 and I’m already jumping up and down with excitement. (Also, I’m addicted to pre-ordering books.)

While we silently debated whether to tell him, Giguhl spotted the glove. He grabbed it from my hand. “Oh, shit, is this one of those S&M gloves?”
I shot the demon an incredulous look. “How in the hell did you know that?”
He raised a scraggly black brow. “Bitch, please. I have all sorts of knowledge I haven’t even begun to lay on your ass.”
I raised my eyebrow and waited.
He grimaced. “Okay, fine. Cinnamon overheard Slade and Adam talking at Vein and called me. But still, I can totally help you guys. Can I pleeaaase go with you to the sex shop?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and commenting. If you're a fellow blogger, I'll visit and return the favor as soon as possible. If your're using Google+ to comment, please make sure that your blog link is clearly visible on your profile.

Unfortunately, this is now an award and tag free blog, but I do thank you for your consideration.