Saturday, November 22, 2014

Nice Dragon Finish Last Audiobook Clip!


Hello, my nocturnal readers!
A few months ago, I reviewed the first book in a wonderful new urban fantasy series by Rachel Aaron (also known as Rachel Bach, author of the Paradox trilogy). Nice Dragons Finish Last is a delightful blend of genres, and its protagonist, a young dragon named Julius, one of the most memorable characters I've come across in a very long time.


You can read my full review HERE, but today I bring you a clip from the newly released audiobook. The clip is almost 30 minutes long, which is more than enough to see if this book works for you or not. I listened to it and I must say that I like the narrator very much. He does a fabulous job of bringing our whiny, hilarious Julius to life.

Here are a few things about the book first:

Nice Dragons Finish Last (Heartstrikers, #1)Author: Rachel Aaron
Narrator: Vikas Adam
Series: Heartstrikers, #1
Released: November 18th 2014
Publisher: Audible Studios
Length: 13 hrs and 2 mins
Buy: Audible

As the smallest dragon in the Heartstriker clan, Julius survives by a simple code: keep quiet, don’t cause trouble, and stay out of the way of bigger dragons. But this meek behavior doesn't fly in a family of ambitious magical predators, and his mother, Bethesda the Heartstriker, has finally reached the end of her patience. 
Now, sealed in human form and banished to the DFZ--a vertical metropolis built on the ruins of Old Detroit--Julius has one month to prove that he can be a ruthless dragon or kiss his true shape goodbye forever. But in a city of modern mages and vengeful spirits where dragons are considered monsters to be exterminated, he’s going to need some serious help to survive this test. 
He only hopes humans are more trustworthy than dragons...




If you've enjoyed this clip, jump on over to Audible to get your copy of the book. I promise you hours of pure entertainment with Julius and his never-ending string of disasters.

Have fun!


6 comments:

  1. Ok, I must have missed your post about this book because THAT TITLE IS AWESOME!! I'm surely gonna be listening to the audio clip now. Thank you for sharing Maja!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do wish I had the attention span to listen to more audiobooks because I think this would be a great one to try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I have read her fantasy...maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the heads up, hun. I'm always looking to expand my audible library. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh nice. Sounds like a good book. Thanks for sharing the audio clip with us.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting. If you're a fellow blogger, I'll visit and return the favor as soon as possible. If your're using Google+ to comment, please make sure that your blog link is clearly visible on your profile.

Unfortunately, this is now an award and tag free blog, but I do thank you for your consideration.