Saturday, January 21, 2012

In My Mailbox #2



Second week of IMM for your two favorite nocturnal librarians and we’re loving it! Thanks to The Story Siren for hosting this really popular feature.




All the IMMs I visited last week were full of great books and ideas for future purchases, as well as some really... mouth watering ARCs. We didn’t get any ARCs this time but the books are still amazing!
And LO AND BEHOLD! One of Maja’s titles is NOT blood and gore!

But let’s get a peek and see what she has to show us...

"This week was really great for me. I finally bought physical copies of the rest of the Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews and I bought a copy of Touch the Dark by Karen Chance. But what I’m most happy about are these:



The Space Between by Brenna Yovanoff quickly became one of my favorite young adult paranormal novels ever. I enjoyed it immensely. If you want to find out more about it, you can find my review HERE.
Ruling Passion by Alyxandra Harvey are actually the first three books of her vampire series, The Drake Chronicles, in a single, 800-page long paperback edition. I love the Drake brothers, they always make me laugh (and swoon), but I’ve pretty much forgotten the first two books so I can’t wait to reread them.
Underdog by Markus Zusak is the entire Wolfe Brothers trilogy in a single, beautiful and very heavy hardback edition. I loved both books by Zusak I’ve read so far and I’m pretty sure his first trilogy will be right up my alley. And that’s it from me, guys."


The Librarian on the other side of the Adriatic - that would be me, also known as Vanilla Queen - didn’t get any vanilla this week:




Cracked Up To Be is a book I’ve been wanting to read for a while thanks to some awesome reviews on GoodReads. It’s realistic YA, but not of the vanilla kind :P My expectations are really high, I’ll let you know how it goes.
As for the other two, they’ve both been highly anticipated titles:
Fated is the new paranormal YA series by Sarah Alderson who we all know and love from Hunting Lila;
A Millions Suns is the sequel to Across The Universe, a sci-fi dystopian YA series by Beth Revis - and look at that cover, I say!
I read Across the Universe last year and enjoyed it very much, so let’s see what happens to that spaceship!

Aaaand, we’re done for the week folks, hope you enjoy your books, whatever you’re reading and we’ll see you next week hopefully!

Lots of Mediterranean love from,

Lisa & Maja


PS: HOLD YOUR HORSES!!!
There's something else that popped out of the mailbox this week! It's this:



So. Maja needs a name for this baby and she just can't make up her mind. Anybody is willing to help?
Whoever can come up with the best name for the newborn gets a paperback edition of a book of their choice (wherever TBD ships).
Whatcha waiting for?!


31 comments:

  1. Wow, you have some great books! Hope you enjoy reading them all. :) And lucky Maja with her new Kindle! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOoh very nice!! Hope you enjoy your Kindle Maja. Not sure of a good name for it though.

    My IMM will be up tomorrow, so be sure to stop by!

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm no help at all on the name front but I'm excited for you, Maja! (well both of you since you both have brand spankin' new e-readers)

    I don't name any of my things. I once had a cat named 'Mouse' but that's really the only thing I've ever named. The only thing I could think of was the name of the guy from the Scarpetta novels, which I can't even remember. So you see, I'M USELESS in this situation:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome mailbox! I can't wait to hear about Under Dogs and A Million Suns!
    Congrats on your Kindle! I have a Nook that I love dearly but I never thought to give it a name. I did, however, think about renaming me The Happy Nooker! :) Anyway, whenever I give names to inanimate objects, I usually go with classic names like Bess, Matilda, Maud, and Bertha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, lovely ladies. Something will come up, I'm sure. And Lisa didn't mention that it's a BOY. :D

    And Flann, it's Benton, haha, but that doesn't really work for a baby Kindle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I love the idea of naming your kindle:))

    I think Poe would be the perfect name - great author (Edgar Allan Poe), scary stories that creep everyone out so many years later, and it's still completely bad-ass for a boy because of the movie that's coming out (the Raven).

    AND what better name than a literary great for a Kindle? It inspires you to read more and keep reading the canon authors like Poe.

    It's also sort of playful:)

    Enjoy your kindle!

    GFC Christina Kit.

    ccfioriole at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY! Congrats on your new kindle!

    My suggestion for his name is Quill - and yes, I know it's kinda out there but the quill was the very first writing utensil used with ink. The kindle is the most advanced form of ink since it uses e-ink. So it kinda keeps the continuity of writing and reading throughout the ages. Which I think is what the kindle will do, despite how scared some people are that the kindle will undo publishing or whatever.

    On a final note, I think Quill is a really cute name for a baby, but when the little kindle grows into teendom it's also a name that sounds like it belongs to the class heart-throb:)

    gisellafiorelli9(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hooray for getting a Kindle! I think it should be named Jonah.

    I have to admit that I didn't like the Wolfe brothers series at all, I read them after reading The Book Thief and The Messenger and I was a bit disappointed.

    And I have The Space Between and Cracked Up To Be on my to-read list but not Ruling Passion, so I'm going to add that!

    Mands xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yeah new Kindle! I upgraded and got one for Christmas my other one was the kindle 2 that was my Christmas after my first baby in 2008. Talk about price reduction and upgrade! Love it. I just got a gorgeous skin for mine at Amazon. A great place to get fabulous leather covers is Oberon designs. I hope they ship to you. These covers are so worth the investment. It has saved my kindle time and time again from toddler drops. I can't recommend them enough. Now a name...him well it is a boy..Flame...My Precious...Fieron...Fred..Maximus..Mack..Masterson...Archimedes...Axel...Amstrom..Firenze..okay I am out of ideas. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAY on the new e-reader! I was so incredibly excited when I got mine. Also, I can't wait to hear what you think of Fated. I've really been looking forward to reading it and Hunting Lila because I keep hearing awesome things about it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you LOVE your kindle!

    Here's a list of my fave boy's names:

    Will, Jay, Penn, Cole, Asher, Finn, Holden, Jasper, Dorian, Milo, Sawyer, Riley, Blaze

    Happy kindling!

    linamoder (AT) gmail (DOT) com

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH! Forgot two good ones - Shane and Seth

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh fun!
    I suggest-
    Ira Der. (for a girl; like I a reader)
    Alkamenmiez. (Alka (like alkaline) men (men) miez (meez) for a boy... because I like the sound of it.

    Romi.x
    rfoster (dot) foster (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I literally JUST bought "Cracked Up to Be" and I am so excited. I don't like my gen YA fiction to be vanilla.

    AND YAYAYAYAYAY for buying Ilona Andrews. Woman is too good to not have physical copies of everything she writes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a great haul, including a kindle - wow! I can't wait to read A Million Suns when it's released over here in the UK. Fated and Cracked Up to Be look fantastic too! Enjoy your books. How about naming your Kindle after your favourite author? :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I read one of Brenna Yovanoff's earlier books and really enjoyed it, so I think I'm going to have to check out "The Space Between" soon. I've seen it making the rounds on blogs and getting good reviews, so I hope I'll enjoy it as much as I think I will!

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  17. As for what to name your Kindle, a friend of mine once suggested "Baby K" when I was trying to find a name for mine, so I'll put that one forward. It's simple, but sounds kind of nice. I didn't end up going with that name in the end (my Kindle's name is "Golden Doll," and how I arrived at that name is a long story!), so it's up for grabs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. njoy all
    let see

    lady will keepyou awake at nights a lot
    he i tried

    rogcaprino[at]hotmail[com]

    ReplyDelete
  19. I would call her Pyro! Because that's a pretty kick-ass name for a Kindle, don't you think? Now were talking about it, I might claim it for my own Kindle.. But you get first pickings :D

    I hope you guys enjoy all of your books.

    Celine ~ My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  20. Courtney Summers is simply amazing! Hope you'll enjoy her book too!
    Happy Reading!
    Em
    My IMM post
    A Beautiful Madness

    ReplyDelete
  21. I heard that Courtney Summers book was awesome too! Enjoy that & your new KINDLE!!! I named mine Frogert - hahaa. <3
    -Heather@BookStacksOnDeck
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great set! I really want to read The Space Between. Congrats on the Kindle! I'd name it Kerri.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  23. JUAN CARLOS! That's the baby's name, Juan Carlos:D I also got a Kindle Touch 2 weeks ago, aren't they awesome?!
    I heard NOTHING but fantastic thing about fated, enjoy:D Happy reading♥

    My IMM ((:
    -thank you&come again.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh a Kindle! that's awesome! And I can't wait to read Space Between. really I just want that cover on my shelf! haha

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi, thanx for stopping by Blythes & Books and becoming a much-needed follower! ;)

    Like your haul! ;) Ooh, I have 'The Space Between' already at home, and I think it's gonna be good, just haven't started it yet!

    Enjoy your (re-)reads then!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a great IMM! I really have to get your last 3 books. They have been on my must-buy list. I hope you enjoy them all! :) Thanks for the support over at my blog. New follower on here too!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Awesome books :)

    For a name for the baby Kindle I think maybe Kit or Lilly or even Kace. Hmmm.

    Great IMM!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Yay for getting actual copies of the Kate Daniels books! That's my favorite urban fantasy series. Congrats on getting a new Kindle. As for a name for it, what about Gen or Eugenides since you're currently in the middle of Queen of Attolia and you did say you're loving it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Can't wait to read The Space in Between! congrats on the Kindle to me it looks like a Donovan. :)
    Happy reading!
    MY IMM

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting. If you're a fellow blogger, I'll visit and return the favor as soon as possible. If your're using Google+ to comment, please make sure that your blog link is clearly visible on your profile.

Unfortunately, this is now an award and tag free blog, but I do thank you for your consideration.